Crane Duty Helical Gear Boxes
Satisfactory performance of the gearbox is dependent upon correct selection. Selecting a gear unit is certainly influenced by the class of duty of the crane that ought to be determined and specified. Single, Double and Triple stage Horizontal equipment units type HA, HB and HC are recommended for Hoist and Long Travel drive. Three stage vertical equipment models type VC are suggested for cross travel drives of the EOT crane. Assembly arrangement must be specified while purchasing the gear units.
1. Compute the required reduction ratio.
2. Determine the horsepower necessary for the prime mover.
3. Refer to the rating table, discover in the ratio column and predicated on input rpm check the gear box ranking horizontally for various course of duty of the crane.
4. The size should be selected such that the ranked HP is equal or even more than the consumed HP.
1. Decide on a unit to transmit 9 HP from 720 rpm electric electric motor for hoist drive in a class II duty crane, the decrease ratio required is 31.50.
· For hoist drive a two stage horizontal gearbox type HB will end up being suitable.
· See the ratio column and in the size HB-350, for insight rpm of 720 in course II duty the ranked HP is 9.5
· As the consumed HP is certainly 9, the unit HB-350 will become suitable.
2. Select a unit to transmit 3 HP from 960 rpm electric electric motor for cross travel drive in a course IV duty crane, the decrease ratio required is 14.26.
· For cross travel drive, a vertical gearbox type VC will become suitable.
· See the ratio column and in the size VC – 32Q, for input rpm of 960 in class IV duty the rated HP is 3
Like just what you learned? Share what you understand about crane duty helical gearbox with your loved ones by taking them to our internet site.